At the heart of the region since 1913 North East England is a lively, vibrant place, never afraid to look to the future. This is a region that gives of its best; that works hard and plays hard; a region that we’re proud to call home.
Go North East is the region’s largest bus company, operating a fleet of nearly 700 buses and employing more than 2,100 people. Providing good value bus services that meet our customer needs is what we are about. Continuously challenging ourselves to improve and innovate is how we go about it.
Passenger Focus’ surveys have consistently rated Go North East above 90% for customer satisfaction. We are passionate about service and innovation, which we firmly believe are responsible for driving growth in passenger volumes and satisfaction levels. Refreshing more conventional approaches, as well as introducing new technology into communications, pricing and delivery of services, we continue to positively challenge established ways of thinking about bus services.
- 39 more Euro 5 standard buses and delivery of first 18 hybrid electric buses
- 72,000 key smartcard users and a reduction of 15 million paper tickets per year
- Mobile ticketing app added to Customer Information app
- Successful completion of the automated vehicle location system pilot
- Bus accidents down 17%
- Planning permission for new Gateshead super-depot approved
- Establishment of the Community Support Committee by our employees
- Shortlisted in five 2012 UK Bus Award categories and one Route
- One Operator Excellence Award category
- 72m passenger journeys
- 91% customer satisfaction
- 7.3% growth in passengers over last 5 years
Where we operate
Our services stretch from the former Northumberland coalfi eld towns of Ashington and Blyth to the north to the former ports at Middlesbrough and Stockton on the River Tees to the south; from the coastal city of Sunderland in the east to the feet of the Pennines in the west.