Winner of UK Bus Awards -
The Eureka! Award for Marketing Initiatives for our Green Angels Campaign
The Angel 21 runs between Newcastle, Gateshead, Low Fell, Birtley, Chester-le-Street, Pity Me, Framwellgate Moor and Durham.
Come and join us for our Centenary Carol Service at The Angel of the North on Sunday 8 December. The service, which starts at 2pm, will be hosted by Real Radio’s Gary & Lisa accompanied by the Reg Vardy Brass Band and featuring the Kells Lane Primary School Choir, there’ll be free hot chocolate, cookies and mince pies – and selection boxes for the kids – along with one of our Green Angel buses.
Everyone is welcome – feel free to wear your Christmas hats and jumpers!
We have invested over £4 million in high specification electric hybrid double deck buses for our Angel service 21.
Our Angel service features:
- Buses will run every 8 minutes between Newcastle & Chester le Street and every 15 minutes to Durham
- Unlimited weekly travel for just £16.60 with a WeeklySaver
- Free onboard wi-fi - just connect to us when you get on the bus
- Next stop information displayed on our on board screens and CCTV
- Powered by electric or diesel engine, either running together or independently giving you a very quiet and comfortable ride
- Cleaner air with exhaust emissions cut by up to 50%
We will be having lots of fun over the next few weeks with our friends at Metro Radio, so keep a look out for what is happening and keep up to date via Facebook or join the conversation on Twitter and send us your photos using #GreenAngels21