Winner of UK Bus Awards -
The Eureka! Award for Marketing Initiatives for our Green Angels Campaign
The Angel 21 runs between Newcastle, Gateshead, Low Fell, Birtley, Chester-le-Street, Pity Me, Framwellgate Moor and Durham.
We have invested over £4 million in high specification electric hybrid double deck buses for our Angel service 21.
Our Angel service features:
- Buses will run every 8 minutes between Newcastle & Chester le Street and every 15 minutes to Durham
- Unlimited weekly travel WeeklySaver
- Free onboard wi-fi - just connect to us when you get on the bus
- Next stop information displayed on our on board screens and CCTV
- Powered by electric or diesel engine, either running together or independently giving you a very quiet and comfortable ride
- Cleaner air with exhaust emissions cut by up to 50%
If you are out and about download the Go North East app for live times, tickets and timetables.
We've some great deals and offers to help you get the best value for money on the Angel.
- Our Angel Saver weekly ticket is available via our mobile ticketing app or key smartcard
- There are local fare offers along the route on single or return journeys
- We've some great deals for young people and students with our Get Around range of tickets including a flat 90p fare for any journey at weekends, evenings and school & college holidays!
- Buzzfare and Get Around tickets for unlimited travel on the Angel and our other services
- Buy your ticket on your mobile with our m-ticketing app
Our MoneySaver guide gives you through all of the fares and tickets that are available for travel on our services so you can get the best deal for your journey.
Help and Advice
There's loads of ways to contact us to ask questions or find out information including Facebook, Twitter and Live Web Chat. Check out all of the options on Contact Us pages.
Cleaner buses - Our Kite Mark explained
Go North East has one of the cleanest bus fleets of its size in the country and to make it even easier for you to see how well your bus is doing to help look after the environment, we have introduced a new ‘kite mark’ on our buses.
Using simple illustrations based on a red kite bird taking flight, each symbol lets you see at-a-glance how each of our buses meet European standards on emissions. Find out more about cleaner engines.