Soccerbus is a direct link between the Metrocentre and St James’ Park on Newcastle United home match days, offering a convenient Park & Ride service and easy access to the stadium for everyone.
- Runs for all Newcastle United first team home matches during the 2012/13 football season.
- The first bus leaves the Metrocentre (Coach Park) two hours before each match. Buses then run at frequent intervals until the last departure 15 minutes before the scheduled kick-off time.
- Buses return from St James’ Park at frequent intervals after each match. The last bus leaves one hour after the final whistle.
- Free parking in dedicated spaces at the Metrocentre Coach Park – an attendant is on hand to guide you to the reserved parking spaces. Please note that the dedicated spaces will not be available for matches during December 2012. Spaces will be offered on a fist come, first served basis.
- Open to everyone, offering direct access to the stadium before/after each match.
- Soccerbus stops at the Metrocentre Coach Park and on Barrack Road, behind the Milburn Stand, at St James’ Park
Tickets and Fares
- Flat single fares apply, which are £1 for adults and 50p for children.
- Magpie Movers are valid on this service, but no other tickets can be used (which includes Network One travel cards, Buzzfare, Get Around and English national concessionary passes).
- No charge for parking – just pay as you board the bus.
Go North East has teamed up with Newcastle United football club to run extra journeys on the following routes after the match:
- 21 – Newcastle to Chester-le-Street via Gateshead, Low Fell and Birtley
- 58 – Newcastle to Heworth via Gateshead, Felling Square and Leam Lane Estate
- 97 – Newcastle to Fellside Park via Gateshead, Bensham, Lobley Hill and Whickham
- X10 – Newcastle to Middlesbrough via Gateshead, Heworth, Peterlee, Billingham, Norton, Stockton and Teesdale University
- X31 – Newcastle to Stanley via Gateshead, Bensham, Lobley Hill, Sunniside and East Stanley
For information about the times of these extra buses.