Our East Durham liveried buses provide links in and around the Peterlee and Durham area. If you are travelling further afield, Peterlee Bus Station offers a convenient interchange point onto X9, X10 and X35.
There are a number of places for you to explore taking advantage of the East Durham Day Saver ticket giving unlimited travel on all East Durham services.
Please note that they are not valid for travel on any other Go North East service.
We've some great deals and offers to help you get the best value for money on your bus travel.
Our MoneySaver guide gives you through all of the fares and tickets that are available for travel on our services so you can get the best deal for your journey.
If an employer buys your ticket for you, you could save even more money on the price of individual 28 day tickets - contact us for full details.
Places to go
- For a small donation you can visit Durham Cathedral, which is one of the finest Norman buildings in Europe.
- Durham Cathedral website
- Durham Castle, together with the Cathedral, was awarded the status of a World Heritage Site in 1986 providing international recognition for this unique, historic and scenic site.
- You can visit the castle and have a guided tour.
- View more on This is Durham website
Gala Theatre and Cinema
- See the latest films and performances at Gala Theatre, which is situated in the heart of the historic city of Durham on the banks of the river Wear.
- A number of our services stop in Durham City Centre.
- Visit Gala Theatre website
Further ideas for great days out!
Help and Advice
We want you to enjoy using our services and are working hard to make sure you find them easy and reliable to use.
You can speak to Shaun Ritchie our Service Delivery Manager for the East Durham routes, who will be out and about on the buses.
Our customer services team can be contacted by Freepost, telephone or e-mail
Cleaner buses - Our Kite Mark explained
Go North East has one of the cleanest bus fleets of its size in the country and to make it even easier for you to see how well your bus is doing to help look after the environment, we have introduced a new ‘kite mark’ on our buses.
Using simple illustrations based on a red kite bird taking flight, each symbol lets you see at-a-glance how each of our buses meet European standards on emissions. Find out more about cleaner engines.